Careers
|
Loyalty Program
|
Care To Share
 
Choose A Location For Your Appointment:


 
 
Choose A Location For Your Appointment:


HOME
SERVICES
REQUEST APPOINTMENT
PHARMACY REFILLS
WELLNESS CARE
BLOG
CONTACT US
CAREERS
 

Thanksgiving Foods and Your Pet


Topics | Health, Nutrition, Food
Posted | November 19, 2018

It's the night of Thanksgiving, and all through the place, everyone was stuffed, except for our dog Ace.

Ace is a bloodhound you see; he can smell food from a mile away. And so he found himself, underneath the leftover tray....


How every great story starts, until your dog is sick. So keep your leftovers away from your pets.

Give Thanks but not these food to your pets:
  • Chocolate - contains theobromine, which causes seizures and even death.
  • Grapes or Raisins - can cause kidney failure
  • Onions and Garlic - can destroy blood cells leading to anemia.
  • Milk and Dairy Products - can cause diarrhea and digestive issues
  • Alcohol - can cause comas, death and intoxication
  • Xylitol (candy/gum, sweetner) can cause liver failure, hypoglycemia and death
  • Avocado - can cause persin, which in large amounts can make your dog very sick
  • Mushrooms - can cause shock or death
  • Caffeine - can cause vomiting, diarrhea and is toxic to the nervous system and heart.
  • Walnuts and Macadamias - can cause nervous system and muscle damage
  • Cooked bones - can cause stomach lacerations resulting in surgery.

Vomiting and diarrhea are common with most of these foods. Please contact your veterinarian immediately if your dog or cat ingests any of these over your holiday. Another resource is the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Hotline at: 888-426-4436 or National Pet Poison Helpline at 800-214-6680 (note, there is a fee for their services).


Thanksgiving Foods
and Your Pet


Topics | Health, Nutrition, Food
Posted | November 19, 2018



It's the night of Thanksgiving, and all through the place, everyone was stuffed, except for our dog Ace.

Ace is a bloodhound you see; he can smell food from a mile away. And so he found himself, underneath the leftover tray....


How every great story starts, until your dog is sick. So keep your leftovers away from your pets.

Give Thanks but not these food to your pets:
  • Chocolate - contains theobromine, which causes seizures and even death.
  • Grapes or Raisins - can cause kidney failure
  • Onions and Garlic - can destroy blood cells leading to anemia.
  • Milk and Dairy Products - can cause diarrhea and digestive issues
  • Alcohol - can cause comas, death and intoxication
  • Xylitol (candy/gum, sweetner) can cause liver failure, hypoglycemia and death
  • Avocado - can cause persin, which in large amounts can make your dog very sick
  • Mushrooms - can cause shock or death
  • Caffeine - can cause vomiting, diarrhea and is toxic to the nervous system and heart.
  • Walnuts and Macadamias - can cause nervous system and muscle damage
  • Cooked bones - can cause stomach lacerations resulting in surgery.

Vomiting and diarrhea are common with most of these foods. Please contact your veterinarian immediately if your dog or cat ingests any of these over your holiday. Another resource is the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Hotline at: 888-426-4436 or National Pet Poison Helpline at 800-214-6680 (note, there is a fee for their services).