We are looking for aspiring Veterinarian Technicians to join our team!
A Veterinary Technician Assistant will be considered (with a minimum of 1 year of experience). Although previous experience in a veterinary hospital is preferred for Veterinary Technicians/Assistants, we do have entry-level positions available as well. We are willing to train the right candidate!
- Veterinary Industry Experience – basic knowledge of the veterinary industry (terms/process/client procedures)
- Excellent Communication & Listening Skills – listens to instruction and delivers the instructions to the clients (as needed)
- Self-Motivated & Team Orientation – work as a team to deliver the greatest level of care possible to our people and their pets
- Strong Organizational Skills – accurately track and document lab specimens and medications for each patient
- Assist Veterinarians – prep patient for surgery (administer anesthesia/take x-rays/gather lab specimen), monitor patients post op & restrain animals during exams
- Obtain Samples – gather stool, blood and other samples for testing
- Testing – test the samples gather and help to interpret the results
- Administer Medications – give patients accurate dosage of prescribed medications, anesthesia, vaccines or other medications indicated by the DVM
- Client Communication – obtain medical information from the clients and provide the client proper instruction on how to care for the animal under the veterinarians plan of care
CityVet offers the following benefits package:
- Comprehensive Pay – including personal pet medical discounts, scrub allowance, free CE opportunities and MORE
- Health insurance – includes options for vision, dental and short/long term disability with low premiums available
- PTO – competitive paid time off
- 401K – company matching available